Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pic of the Trip…

Our trip to Seward Peninsula is over and, with the exception of Cathy, Larry, and Joel, everyone is leaving Nome. Most people are traveling home; David and I, however, will catch a flight on Wednesday to Barrow where we will meet others from ORNL for a week of field work on the Barrow Environmental Observatory (BEO). This week on the Seward Peninsula has been terrific. Our team always enjoys being together; it’s a great group. Discussions can be wide-ranging when you get this many people together but everyone gets along and we always have a long list of things to do. The drive and the time in the field all contribute in a positive way to our to-do list.

Here are few photos that people contributed throughout the week that did not make it into my evening postings to the blog. The pictures show the lighter side of science and the scenery that was around us all week. I hope you enjoy them. My thnaks to David, Shawn, Cathy, and others for sending me photos. I’ll continue posting to the blog in a few days once we are settled into Barrow. Be safe…